Friday, April 17, 2009

We Made It, I'm In Florida!!!

Sewing Sister and I made it to Florida just fine yesterday without a hitch. The flights were great, with no problems. Although... Sewing Sister did get a little, well, shall we say detained at the airport, First thing at 7a.m. It just so happened she was packing a knife. Yes, Sewing Sister had a butter knife in her bag.

A butter knife you say? Well, we're from Maine, and most of us carry a butter knife in our bag to use when we eat our bag breakfast/lunch. At least that's what our mom use to do. Actually mom use to put in a pairing knife. Yikes. Good thing Sewing Sister didn't have that in her bag. I was already "on the other side" so to speak, drinking my coffee, eating my bagel, just waiting. Talking to Good Friend on my cell. Sewing Sister was finally allowed to pass through and get to the other side. And guess what, she was able to keep her butter knife!!! She quickly tossed it in the garbage. She'd had enough of that!

Being at Florida Sisters house is always such a treat. Florida Sister and her husband are always so very hospitable. And their sweet dog Ian is always so excited to see us.




Their home is so beautiful, warm and welcoming,and she makes it hard to go back to Maine. But I don't even have to think about that for a few days.
.

And so this morning I was awoken by the laughter of my sisters, coming from the kitchen. Coffee brewing. Now of course I got up and joked about how loud they were. But really, it was like a soft, sweet, familiar melody that I've longed to hear again, and again. How blessed am I?

This is a picture of the three of us this morning, just before going for a 4 mile walk.



Guess who doesn't have her sneakers on and is staying home to blog. Yup. Me. I'm thinking two out of three isn't bad.
They are older and wiser. I am spoiled and rebelious. They still love me, and it works for us. However, I am moving into their neighborhood soon, and if I know them, they will eventually tell me to "shut up and get your sneakers on ". They are very sweet and tolerant of their little sister but care about my health along with their own. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Wait a minute, maybe I should have Blue Eyed Husband make a bridge and then they can't get to my house to make me walk. Don't think they'd go for that

Hugs from Florida

5 comments:

Tami said...

Sounds and looks like you are having a wonderful time.....makes me want to be with my sisters!!

Have a fun day!!!
Hugs~T

Lois Christensen said...

Very funny about the knife!!! And I like how your one sister, who obviously is the one who lives in Florida, has very tan legs and you and your other sister are very white!! You need to lay out in the sun while you're down there. Now I won't even begin to show you my legs...every time I stuff a turkey I think how similar my legs look to that turkey's skin!!! Very pitiful! Enjoy your time!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That is too funny about the butter knife! Hope you have a great time!

Decor To Adore said...

Have a wonderful time full of freshly made memories.

Lisa said...

ooooo! Enjoy your time in that warm, sunny state. We stayed in St. Pete on our visit last month, but I know there are many, many great parts!