Thursday, November 12, 2009

TRACY PORTER BLOG !

Today was one of those days when I felt yucky. Not sick, but almost. Sweet Baby Girl said, (hold on to your hats ),

"Mom, you do everything around here, why don't you just relax today."

No she wasn't kissing up. Well, now that I think about it... I had taken her cell phone away last night. Anyway, I decided to listen to her, and I took a 3 hour nap with my hot water bottle filled with very hot water. I woke up feeling rested, but not better. I came across one of my favorite blogs and thought I'd share it with you so you too could enjoy it. It is Tracy Porter Blog.



One of her most recent posts caught my eye. Probably because my body hurts, my head hurts, and I feel like crap! (You can say crap and still love Jesus, I checked). So not that I'm going to run out and get all that I might need to enjoy this, (I've been drinking tea by the ton today), but it looks good, and helpful. Enjoy,



Perhaps I have shared this with you once before…but in case you missed it, lost it….. or have somehow forgotten the beauty of this elixir…. I feel it is my duty to get you back on the right path! It pops into my head as my throat is killing me and my cough is non stop….and it is the evening…(I cannot lie down so I write!).. that+ that+ that= hot toddy! Horray for me…..and now you. If you are well, this is quite lovely also…say …..apres ski….or skate….or walk…..or read…..apres anything! You will take this gem in as an old family friend…and share it with all those you love no doubt! This is one to tinker about with…we all have different tastes when it comes to a strong hot drink!


Hot Toddy…Chez Porter


1 Big shot of brandy (if you want the REAL Irish version, then by all means go with Whiskey)
A hearty squeeze of fresh lemon
A nice long pour of honey

Put all that goodness into a mug and then fill it with boiling hot water. Mind you, don’t scorch your throats….but it is good hot. I do change my version of this year to year…just depends on the moment I suppose!




Cheers & Good Health to You!!

Tracy Porter

________________________________

Hugs from Maine

1 comment:

Barb said...

hope you feel better soon....Barb