Sunday, December 27, 2009

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, PICTURE WALLS


If there is one thing in my house that I love, its pictures on the wall.


I never use to growing up... I think it's because I grew up in the 70's and 80's, and pictures on the wall consisted of ugly prints with matching sconces, and carefully placed matching shelves underneath each grouping. YUCK !!!

My idea of pictures on a wall are family pictures. Covering the wall. Telling a story of the life that family has lived together. Loving, laughing, crying, growing...

This can be a very inexpensive way to enjoy family photos.

# Trace pictures onto brown kraft paper and cut out. Label each of the papers with a description of the picture or a corresponding number.
# Using blue painter's tape (which won't pull up wall paint), tape the papers to the wall. Experiment with arrangements until you have one you like.
# Install picture-hanging hardware directly through the paper. Pull paper away and hang pictures one by one.

Found these instructions and they seem to make it much easier to put up your own family picture wall. I know my peeps have spent many moments in front of our wall(s).

I hope it brings back to their minds and hearts their childhood that I hold so close to mine. I think it does.

Hugs from Maine

4 comments:

jenn said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I love this look too!

I have a wall in the family room that is in need of some pictures and I have frames that are waiting...

now for time??

Unknown said...

Love your picture wall! I have a picture wall upstairs. You can see it from the foyer downstairs as well. I've recently made sure each frame is black and that has made a huge difference.

trish said...

I just love that second image. Pictures all the way to the floor! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Design A-Peele said...

these are great ideas! Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotton :)