Monday, July 20, 2009

SWEET BABY GIRL IS OFF TO GIRLS CAMP

This is her 4th year to go to Girls Camp. Soooooo, that means she was 10 the first time she went.


Well I can say, looking back, there is a difference between 4 years ago, and today when I dropped her off for Girls Camp. Four years ago, it was one of her first times being gone from home for a week. I wanted her to stay home, but I wanted her to go. I knew she would have a wonderful time.

This year, four years into it, I wanted her to stay home, but wanted her to go more. Having my peeps as teenagers, well, lets just say, I don't like it one bit. Nope, not at all.

I truly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my peeps. But this age is so wearing on me at times. Today was such a strange day. Not bad, just strange.

I was talking to 19 year old a bit ago and I said, Hey Mattie, don't you wish we could go back in time, (just for a week or two), when you guys were all home, and home schooling?... He didn't hesitate in saying, Yeah, I really do mom.

I think these years of being teenagers is hard on everyone. Not just me, but the peeps too. And Blue Eyed Husband... well lets just say he is tired. I am so grateful when we have those moments in our day that remind us of how much we love each other. How grateful we are to have one another. How really important we are to each other in our daily lives.

And when my sweet baby girl comes home at the end of the week, I'll be glad to hold her, kiss her precious head, and tell her " I love you baby girl". And you know what, she'll be glad too. (I think)(Oh yeah, did I mention, she took my camera with her. Yeah...)

We are a family. God is so good. I am a grateful girl.



Hugs from Maine

2 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

I have to agree with you regarding the teen years. Sometimes I just don't even recognize my daughter!!! Hope your daughter has a fun time away at camp!!

Mrs. E said...

Oh... you are SO blessed! :)
I hope your daughter has a
wonderful time at Camp!!!

Many Blessings~ Jen