Saturday, July 11, 2009

SATURDAY

This is what my neighborhood looks like on Saturday morning at 7 a.m.

I just love this place, the neighborhood, and the houses. It is so wonderful.

I love living here. Sitting on the front porch has to be one of my favorite things to do.
Can you blame me? Look at the view.

I was waiting for my sistas to pick me up. We headed to Jorgies for coffee, bagels, and a newspaper. Yup you guessed it. We went lawn sailing

Take a look at some of the great things I brought home...
This mirror is old and very, very, heavy. It's beautiful!

I bought 3 white curtain panels. They weren't the right size, so I cut them and tacked them up to fit the windows in the living room I needed. Perfect! Love It!!!
You can see 14 year olds friend and 14 year old sitting on the front porch.

Oooohhhhhhh, do I love these. I thought I'd put them in the kitchen, but tried them in the dinning room and loved them!!! These were so cheap, they could have given them to me. Again, I tacked them up.

I love the old molding in these houses, and didn't want to cover it up at all. It took 30 minutes to do all of the windows. Yeah, thats my kinda sewing alright.


The house is coming together nicely, and I am enjoying the process.

I'm a grateful girl.

Hugs from Maine

6 comments:

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Looks beautiful; I like the idea of tacking the curtains up; I may have to try that with my kitchen curtains I'm making....it adds a little frill to the curtains, and I like it!

Tara said...

Love all the great finds! Oh and the neighborhood looks really nice.
Your house is looking great!

Jodee said...

Your neighborhood looks just lovely! I love your finds too!

Pam said...

It's looking beautiful! I am really loving that yellow with all of the white you've got going on. It's so light and fresh.

CoffeePraise said...

You have such a talent for decorating! The house is beautiful...you are blessed.


Maria

Mrs. E said...

Lovely, lovely.....
looks like you had a FABULOUS time!
You always find the most wonderful things!!!! I just love the picture with you and your sisters you look radiant!!!!!

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen