Sunday, June 13, 2010

FRIENDS, FAMILY, & GOD... AND NOT IN THAT ORDER


What a week its been... To say I'm tired, emotionally, physically, and mentally really doesn't cover it. All I want to do is cry. I've been pushed to a limit that I've been pushed to before. I've had to make decisions that were difficult, but necessary. I've had to listen to what my gut was saying to me, family and friends were confirming, and know that it was right. I've been called names that I can hardly repeat. Never easy.

And in all of that, God was faithful. Faithful to remind me of right and wrong. Faithful to use people who love us and our peeps, to reassure me that even though it can get so hard and nasty, they are here. Always here... Helping to clear our minds when they can be filled with confusion.
Here with an ear to listen, and a heart that understands. Reminding me to not be fearful, stay strong and know that it will work its way out. It always does.

When a mother fears her childs safety, whether one is going to war, or another is in relationship that needs to end, she turns into a bear. She just wants to protect her child. It's not something she thinks about. Its something that comes instinctively. I've had to be a bear this week. A couple of times it hasn't been very pretty. And I wish I would have thought before I let my emotions take over. But, I am human, and make mistakes. I am learning that too. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Now I know why bears hibernate all winter.

I am grateful for the many friends and family, willing and always ready, to help us through. It has made me strong, so I can do what needs to be done. Pray for, listen too, and hold my peeps...

But seriously... wheres the cave?

Hugs from Maine

5 comments:

Tami said...

Will be praying for you and the well needed rest! :o)

Sending BIG hugs!

life in red shoes said...

From one bear to another...hang in there, we're just doing our job.

The job HE gave us:)

Jan D-M said...

Lisa, been there done that and it isn't easy or fun. My daughter thanked us when the dust settled. Her dad and I intervened when she couldn't do it for herself. She fought us to save face, but in the end was relieved.

We drove 1000 miles through the night and showed up in southern Maine at 8:30 in the morning. We got accused of "rescuing" by those who didn't understand that what we really did was in that one act tell her that she was THAT important. We were back on the road to IN within 24 hrs. It was a turning point in her life.

I don't ever want to repeat those days, but would without hesitation if my child needed it. It's what we do as parents.

You are awesome. I'm sorry it was a rough week.

Paula said...

jdm and another mom I know went out of her way to save her daughter ... Now you can be counted among them. Touche sis girl ...

I love you and tip my bonnet to you.
Like jdm's daughter ... yours will thank you too someday. Hopefully sooner than later. Usually it is later ... but it comes nonetheless.

Forever
sis # 1

Colleen said...

Parenthood is the hardest job on earth. We want so much to protect our children and that can make them see us as the enemy sometimes. I know I did a lot of stupid things when I was young and worried my poor parents to death. As a mother and grandmother, I try so hard to guide and lead my little ones and pray that they make the right choices in life. I become a bear when mine are threatened in any way and I will do anything to protect them. Actually, according to my Daddy, I am more a mother lion! I pray all works out for you and your family. Just hang on tight.